Sunday, October 12, 2008

What I Drink About When I Drink About Drinking

I did some traveling recently and picked up a few books (I thoughtfully provided links to excerpts or reviews, below):

Well Enough Alone

Revolutionary Road


What I Talk About When I Talk About Running.


The last book inspired me to write this.

I somehow find the time to sit in front of a computer for two hours and write emails and search inanely for remixes of Estelle's "american boy," the scene in To Sir With Love when LuLu sings "Stealing My Love From Me" in the school gym, or American Breed music videos but can't take 30 minutes out of my day to get back to running? I think that forcing myself to keep this about running may indeed improve my will to run. If I don't run I don't have much to prattle on about, now do I?

I started running again back in April.
I haven't ran in almost two months.
Self-loathing has hit an all-time high. Lung capacity a low.

With this man's help, I'm confident that my gams (NOT just the thighs) will be whipped back into shape:



And, just for the record, all the American Breed videos suck:


The LuLu scene doesn't exist on youtube but this continues to delight:


and Estelle is the devil.

No comments: